A dated kitchen can be a deal breaker when buying a second-hand property, but upgrading poses possibilities to improve its looks and efficiency. Ideas to help with the process can make it a rewarding project.
- Determine the area of the project
- Draw a plan of what you want the finished to look like
- Consider storage options to maximise space
- Choose a colour scheme keeping in mind appliances/floor coverings/surrounding open plan living areas
- Set a budget taking into account permits/labour
- Price items/materials according to budget
- Hire a professional to create the end result to your expectations
It’s not child’s play to tackle a project of this size, but confident DIY enthusiasts can save heaps on labour. Pre-assembled units are available in home improvement outlets making it rewarding to create a new kitchen on a limited budget.