In a market with limited choice, you might consider to build instead. There are a number of factors to take into account though.
A second-hand property’s visual appearance might appeal, but you need to verify a few things:
- Does it offer double-glazing
- Does it have the modern touches ie: remote access/dishwasher/ Waste Master
- Is there sufficient power points in each room
- Does it pose a possible risk with regard to asbestos
- Was non-lead based paints used to decorate
- Is the electrical wiring in good stand
These can be costly to fix and will negatively affect your enjoyment of your dream home.
Going for a new build can be a daunting task, but exciting and demanding at the same time. You know what you get and can have it your way from the start. Your builder is crucial in the process and you need to tap into his expertise to ensure that your planned home is delivered to your expectations, price and on time. And the cherry on top – no maintenance for a year or five…